In recent years the sports competition has developed so tightly, to the extent that contestants have begun to use banned substances in order to reach the first place in the competition, this is how they fall foul of sports ethics due to doping and the consumption of substances not regulated or accepted. Such is the case of the American cyclist Lance Armstrong, who according to the North American Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), had the sole objective of being the largest in the Tour de France for as many years as possible, which led him to ingest banned substances. Today we will discuss about the fulvic acid benefits!
According to a note, this fact is not the first in the history of the sport, since, in 1988, Ben Johnson was disqualified from the Olympic Games after coming out positive in an anti-doping test, thus manifesting the reality that drugs they have been used to improve the physical performance of athletes. The information portal also noted that prior to the case Armstrong, athlete valued by Forbes magazine for $ 70 million, baseball player Barry Bonds, was convicted of cheating the grand jury investigating the use of drugs in 2011 athletes.
UNESCO (Organization of the United Nations for Education, Science and Culture) has stated that within the banned substances in sports, due to the physical damage they cause, as well as the effects on the development of a “clean” game “He cited that the World Anti-Doping Agency (AMA) has classified these chemicals and drugs into stimulants, steroids, hormones, diuretics, narcotics and cannabinoids. The fulvic acid benefits are ahead! In the smallest of cases, there are those who usually consume energy drinks, which aim to increase physical resistance, increase the speed of response, raise the level of concentration, reduce fatigue, offer a sense of well-being and stimulate the metabolism.
Various investigations have concluded that nerve stimulants, such as caffeine, ginseng and taurine, present in the so-called “energy drinks”, when taken in doses greater than 240 milliliters, disrupt heart functions, causing hypertension, irritability, hyperactivity and anxiety, pupil dilation, vomiting, aggressive attitudes, unexpected mood swings such as rapidly moving from euphoria to depression and even chronic depression; they also lead to a lack of control in the production of neurotransmitters, which causes dependence.
In this regard, the clinical nutritionist Claudia Castañeda Tinoco stressed that “In high-performance athletes, it has been seen that the use of these drinks increases the risk of dehydration because the number of sugars they contain is incompatible with the absorption of liquids.” As part of the harmful effects, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States (FDA) informed on October 23, that it is investigating the death of at least five people, which are related to the frequent consumption of these beverages and their ingestion combined with narcotics and alcohol.
The ingredients in energy drinks usually include:
– Caffeine: psychoactive stimulant that acts on the central nervous system, decreasing the sensation of exhaustion. To ingest it in excess, can cause anxiety and irritation, headaches, loss of sleep and speed up the heart rate.
– Guarana: It is a plant of tropical origin, which acts as a natural caffeine, which at the same time helps in the acceleration of the metabolism. –
– Taurine: It is considered as an amino acid, it is present both in the nervous tissue of humans and in that of most animals. It helps in the regulation of salt and blood sugar, participates in the transport of potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium, helps reduce the degeneration of the retina, and in some cases, prevents the appearance of cataracts. Combined with alcohol, caffeine and narcotics, can seriously affect the nervous system.
– Ginseng: This stimulant is commonly used to improve concentration and memory, and even promotes physical and sports resistance. Its side effects include insomnia, increased heart rate, high or low blood pressure, headache, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, itching, skin rashes, dizziness and mood swings.
– Ginkgo Biloba : It is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals that can damage nerve cells, increases the amount of oxygen in the blood, increases the supply of blood to the brain and improve the availability of glucose in it, in addition to avoiding excessive blood clotting As a side effect, it can cause bleeding or upset stomach.
– L-Carnitine: It is a natural substance produced by the liver and kidneys, which enables the conversion of body fat. To consume it in excess causes acceleration of the heart rate, diarrhoea, insomnia and fever.
For several decades, fulvic acid benefits have been used in Ayurvedic medicine, an ancient system of medicine originated in India. This organic component is known to them as “shilajit”, is a biological compound that arises naturally in organic mineral deposits. “In this current balance is always sought, since most of the food we consume is acid, the alkaline function of fulvic acid makes it even more attractive,”
“Among the benefits that naturally offer fulvic acid benefits, stresses its role as an antioxidant agent, as it acts to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals, molecules that damage the cell tissue, making it possible to combat ageing by promoting repair and rejuvenation of the cellular tissue. It also acts as an important protective agent and a powerful natural electrolyte, improving the availability of minerals within the body; in addition, the fulvic acid components react with each other creating more minerals than those ingested. It also regenerates and prolongs the residence time of essential nutrients in the cells, “he added.
Regarding the multiple benefits of BLK in the nutrition of athletes, Daniel Gorenstein explained that “Another of the properties of fulvic acid is to be a detoxifier of the body, by eliminating heavy metals present in the body. And as a powerful natural electrolyte, it helps restore the normal chemical balance of the body’s cells. Studies in the West have shown that fulvic acid benefits also increases the enzymatic activity associated with the respiratory system and helps the metabolism of proteins,” concluded the expert in eating disorders.